Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tiffany Taeyeon & DJ Hector release "My Pussy"



Once again, K-Pop is going international!

The latest Korean star to ride the Hallyu wave is Girls' Revolution leader Tiffany Taeyeon, who has collaborated with top American DJ Hector Vasquez on a steamy new club single "My Pussy". The song will appear on the upcoming compilation album, New York Citi Nite Life, which celebrates the hottest club music from New York's top DJs.


Speaking of the collaboration, DJ Hector told AKF, "I was looking for an international star to do vocals on 'My Pussy'. My label contacted artists like Laura Pausini and Nancy Ajram, but they felt that the song wasn't right for their image. Someone then suggested I try an Asian, so I Googled "sexy Asian singer" and Tiffany Taeyeon was one of the first results that came up. As soon as I saw her RUKUS magazine cover, I knew that she'd be perfect for the song."

We also caught up with Tiffany, who was excited to share her enthusiasm on the project.

"When Hector played me the demo, I just fell in love with it instantly," she tells AKF. "Almost everybody owns a cat, so I knew that this was the type of song that people all over the world could relate to. Because this is my first song to be released outside of Asia, I had to make sure that the lyrics had a universal charm that would appeal to everyone."

"We have a gorgeous pussycat at the dorm that belongs to the label, so I played with my sweet little pussy in the vocal booth for inspiration while I recorded the song. I want to make sure the listener can feel how much I love my pussy through my vocal delivery, so I tried extra hard to convey my emotions through my singing."

"If you go out to a nightclub, please ask the DJ to play 'My Pussy' all night long. It will make everyone have a good time, so please support 'My Pussy' as much as you can."

Netizens were quick to voice their opinions on the song shortly after its online premiere.

"I love this song! It makes me proud to have a pussy too," "Wow, an English song for America. I hope 'My Pussy' makes Americans love K-Pop," "People say Tiffany is mean, but I think she must be a nice person to sing such a sweet song about her pussy."

"My Pussy" will be available on iTunes worldwide from October 5th. A limited edition physical remix single in CD form and vinyl will be released a week later. You can see the front and back artwork above and below.

No comments:

Post a Comment