Tuesday, October 11, 2011

HyunA Knowles is not happy with the girl group rush!



During a sit-down interview on MBC's Radio Star, HyunA Knowles was asked about her opinions on this October's girl group rush.

"I'm not happy about it," she answered. Apparently, the singer is afraid of being overshadowed by rookie girl groups such as Swing Girls, Stellar, and Blady. She continued, "It's not the big girl groups that make me feel annoyed, it's the rookie girl groups that are debuting these days."

"Girl group such as BEG, KARA, and SNSD are like my inspirations. I always love to try whatever they did when they're promoting. My "So Scandalous" concept was inspired by BEG's Abracadabra concept. BEG used a hot shirtless Korean guy in the video, I used full naked hairy Indian man in my video. BEG do that hip dance moves, I used my signature dance move: poochie pop. Ga-in unnie dances in a zebra printed bikini; you've seen my version in frog printed latex bodysuit, right? Just so you know, I was supposed to use Narsha unnie's old bob wig for the video, but I ditched it because it makes my head look so big."

"I'm not saying that I plagiarized their concept," she stated defiantly when met with a raised eyebrow by Star King host Ham Yeung. "Like I said before, I took inspirations. They are two different things."

On rookie girl groups that have debuted and will be debuting as her competitors, HyunA said, "I love Chocolat. Melanie, Tia, Juliane, and I are friends. I don't know about the other two girls, but I don't see Chocolat as my competitor. We both are talented girls that are waiting for our moment to shine."

"I see Swing Girls, Stellar, and Blady as my competitors," she continued. "Especially Swing Girls and Stellar. Don't you think Swing Girls' concept is the best debut concept ever? Even now, I'm still regreting why didn't I debut with 33 sized jeans concept, even though I think that concept will suit better for Piggy Dolls."

"And Stellar's concept is just as good as Swing Girls. Colourful fake plastic hair with auto-tuned futuristic themed song? I bet 2NE1 are dying to use that concept too."

When being asked whether she knows about upcoming girl group called C-REAL, HyunA answered, "I know Cereal. I heard that their concept is 5 IU mini-mes. Is that true? How am I supposed to live with 5 IUs? One IU is already a huge threat for me. And they have five IU? Seriously? I hate them!"

"Well, I have to admit that their name is brilliant. Cereal is such a commercial name. If I started a new group, I'd love to come out with names like Corn Flakes, Niggals, or Monkey Dolls. Aren't they cute?"

HyunA Knowles will be taking her "Gurlz" goodbye stages this week, beginning with M! Countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment