Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tiffany Taeyeon reveals the idol friendships of Girls' Revolution members



Girls' Revolution leader Tiffany Taeyeon recently made an appearance on MBC's variety program Golden Fishery, where she was quizzed by host The Knee-Drop Guru about her friendships with other idols. Tiffany is well-known for her arrogant attitude and dislike of rival idols, so the Guru was surprised when she revealed that she is close to popular girl group T-ara.

"I have had a close bond with T-ara since last year," she said. "Especially Eunjung and Jiyeon. They are the prettiest and most popular members of the group, just like I was when Girls' Revolution was active, so we have that in common. T-ara is a group that is very skilled in many different areas, like acting and modelling, and they change their image often like I do, so I feel I can relate to them more than groups like 2NE1, who have limited skills."

"Sometimes CCM will give T-ara a fifteen minute break if they complete their weekly schedules on time," she continued, "so I visit their dorm and trade beauty secrets with some of the members. We always send Boram to the kitchen to make us sweet dumplings while we chat, and Hwayoung usually goes into her room when I come over."

When asked why Hwayoung doesn't sit with the others, Tiffany replied, "Well, her sister is in that 5dolls group..." she said uncomfortably, trailing off. "I just think that it's better to spend most my time with Eunjung and Jiyeon."

Intrigued by Tiffany's revelation, The Knee-Drop Guru asked if her labelmates at White Entertainment had any idol friendships of their own.

"Jessica unnie is friends with Wonder Girls," she said. "She and Yenny are very close, and when I struggle with Heathers promotions, Jessica teases me and says Yenny has more talent and will replace me. It makes me upset, but then I taunt her back by saying she looks like Lim's twin, and she stops."

"Also, Suzy is close with SECRET," Tiffany continued. "I always leave when SECRET visit our dorm because Sunhwa annoys me, but usually only Ji Eun comes over so it's okay. Jessica gets so mad when Ji Eun arrives because she thinks she stole one of her concepts for her solo single."

Tiffany then opened up about White Entertainment's newest recruit, HyunA Knowles. "To my knowledge, HyunA doesn't have any idol friends yet. She is still a rookie, so most of the popular idols avoid her backstage at music programs, but I did see her chatting happily with Stellar once. And just last week, the leader of Swing Girls called our dorm asking to speak with HyunA, but I hung up the phone as soon as I knew who it was."

Tiffany is currently dividing her time between Korean variety show activities and her Heathers' promotions in Japan, but she will be back permanently next month with a new solo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment