Monday, June 18, 2012

Suzy Sooyoung to find missing bandmate in new reality series 'Idol Investigations'

Suzy Sooyoung in 'Idol Investigations' promotional poster
After teasing us with a series of mysterious trailers, struggling broadcasting network JTCB has officially announced it's new docu-drama series, Idol Investigations!

The groundbreaking new series will follow White Entertainment diva Suzy Sooyoung as she starts up her own private investigation agency and tries to find her bandmate Tiffany Taeyeon, who famously disappeared earlier this year when her plane vanished over the Bermuda Triangle.

At an official press conference for the show, JTCD described Idol Investigations as, "The Hills meets Twin Peaks", with a unique format that will take reality television to dizzying new heights.

"
Many people think that I've been doing nothing over the past few months," Suzy told anxious reporters at the show's official press conference. "But I've actually been secretly studying for my license as a private investigator. I had no choice after I saw how poorly the authorities were handling the search for Korea's lost angel, Tiffany Taeyeon. All I want to do is find my unnie and make a comeback, so when JTCB approached me with this exciting opportunity to document the investigation on prime time TV, I couldn't say no."


Suzy investigates an abandoned movie theater in a haunting scene
 from Idol Investigations
Joining Suzy in her search will be some of the country's top idols, who were personally selected for their unique skills and charms.

T-ara's Boram, who was also a friend of Tiffany's, will bring her hidden talents in the field of forensic investigation to the show.

"My parents never thought I'd make it as an artist," revealed a shy Boram at the press conference. "So they made me study forensic science while I was a trainee, just so I would have something to fall back on if my musical dreams didn't work out. I look forward to showing the public a new and intelligent side of myself through Idol Investigations."

Also working for Suzy will be Secret's Sunhwa, who lighten up the agency with her ditzy and feminine charms as the office receptionist and admin assistant.

Sunny Hill's Janghyun is the final confirmed cast member for the show. The 27-year-old will bring his military experience to the show by serving as the official muscle of Idol Investigations, helping Suzy out of sticky situations and acting as a possible love interest for the star.

Official cast photo for 'Idol Investigations'

The first episode of Idol Investigations premieres this Friday on JTCB. The network has already promised that the show will feature, "heart-stopping action, romance, edge-of-your-seat drama, and unexpected twists and turns", leading many to consider it as one of 2012's most anticipated new programs.  

Netizens comments include, "Are they really trying to pass this off as reality? It sounds really scripted to me.", "Suzy is my favorite variety show idol, so I can't wait to see her back on TV!", and "Tiffany is missing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment