Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Suzy Sooyoung releases "Rehab (Dear Su-Witches)" digital single!


It's no secret that idol group Girls' Generation have had just as many troubles as they have success. From Suzy and Jessica's problems with drugs and alcohol, Tiffany's rumored mental instability, HyunA's late night meetings with producers and investors, and all the never-ending plastic surgery claims, it's safe to say that Girls' Revolution is one of the most scandalous groups in K-Pop.

The members don't usually like to discuss their scandals, but Suzy Sooyoung has bravely stepped forward to address her issues with her new digital single "Rehab (Dear Su-Witches)".

The new single is a gift to Suzy's fans, and was written and produced by the idol herself shortly after she left rehab last year, making Suzy the first female idol to ever completely write, compose, and perform her own music.

"Rehab (Dear Su-Witches)" contains an alternative style that matches Suzy's unique charms, with lyrics in both English and Mandarin to appeal to Su-Witches around the world. The cover art was designed by Suzy herself using Windows Paint, and shows an old photo of the singer that was taken last year during her stay in rehab at the Seoul Treatment Clinic for Drugs & Alcohol. In the picture, Suzy can be seen doing a provocative pose on a lounge as she stares off into the distant, deep in thought.


"This song is very special to me," Suzy tells AllKFlop exclusively. "It represents my true musical color, and contains a powerful message about overcoming your struggles. That is why I felt it was important to release it as a gift to my Su-Witches, who have supported me through all my scandals. I am naked in the cover photo, because I wanted my fans to see the real me - raw and natural."

"Not only will my Su-Witches relate to this, but so will Jessie Jiyeon unnie," she continued. "We both struggled with substance abuse, but luckily I have overcome my problems. I hope that this song gives Jessica strength during her dark times."

Since its worldwide digital release earlier today, "Rehab (Dear Su-Witches)" has been ranking in the top forty of many Korean real-time charts, and in the top ten of Taiwan's KKBOX digital chart.

Netizens comments, "This song is very alternative and artistic, so I don't like it, but I'm glad she got off the roof top", "I'm so happy that Suzy is appealing to her Chinese fans like me more. The production is very polished and definitely fits into the C-Pop music scene", "This music is a style that only us Su-Witches understand. If you want mainstream, listen to 2NE1",  and "这首歌是太神奇了!这将是在香港确保#1."

No comments:

Post a Comment