Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jessica Jiyeon spills about her upcoming SBS drama and covers 2NE1 on “Kiss The Radio”


Jessica Jiyeon took time out of her jam packed schedule to make an appearance on “Kiss The Radio” with Super Junior’s Ryeowook and Sungmin recently, where she opened up about her upcoming drama [“The Seven Of Us”], her dating life, & her future plans.


“The show is about family conquering all, really.” Jessica revealed. “I’m not going to lie: the story gets pretty dark at times. But hopefully people will be able to stick around and discover the humor & sweetness underneath the surface.”


On her co-star, actor No Min Woo:
“I've always had a crush on Min Woo oppa since he was in TRAX with that crazy anime hair! Not so much now that we’re ‘siblings’. [LAUGHS] I think he’s one of the most talented people I’ve ever worked with honestly. He’s definitely one of the sweetest.” 


When the power vocalist was prodded about her dating life she responded:
“I have absolutely no time to date right now. Between scheduled performances in both Korea & Japan, shooting Seven, my charity work with Korea Cares, and whatever else pops up, I’m constantly on the move.”


“I’d like to date sometime in the future, but right now my career comes first. That sounds awful to admit out loud but it’s the truth! I’ve worked hard to get to a position where I can pick & choose what I want to do, & I’m happy. Slowing down for a fling, especially if we’re both in the industry, is unfair to everyone involved. I learned that lesson the hard way.”


She later defended her Heathers group mate Tiffany Taeyeon when she was asked about Tiffany’s recent solo debut in Japan:
“I’m so happy for her! People have this misconception of her as this vain, shallow, selfish person but I’ve known her for years and once you peel back the layers she’s an angel. I wish her well in her solo activities and I can’t wait to rejoin her one of these days as Heathers! Please take care of her Japan!”


Before departing Jessica covered 2NE1’s “It Hurts” {the winner of this week’s 'KISS THE COVER' fan pick}. Even though she showed signs of exhaustion, Jessica was still able to deliver a powerful rendition of the ballad that left the room in awe of her talent. 


Make sure to check out Jessica’s new SBS drama “The Seven Of Us”, set to premiere on the 16th at 10:55pm, and as always keep an eye on AKF for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment