Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wi-Fi make a confession with “I Love U”

KRS Media have been teasing us since late December with photos and solo tracks from their debut male group Wi-Fi. Today, the boys released their debut mini album “Everywhere”.

Everywhere” kicks off with the up-tempo 90’s influenced “I Love U”. Despite being the *only track all five members actively sing on, the song does a great job of showing their vocal capabilities and is both strong & different enough to go up against offerings from Wi-Fi’s direct competition.

*(Danny & Kass rap on “My Angel” while Ari & C.O sing back-up; main vocals are left to maknae J-Me) 

The lyrics tell the story of a guy who almost misses a chance at a love that’s been staring him in the face for so long.

“I never thought that I would fall like this,
I never thought you would be the one to catch me.
But this thing called love,
Is really not so bad.
I feel like such a fool.

I love you.
I want you.
I need you.
I choose you.
These are the words from my heart,
words I learned after meeting you.”

Main rapper Kass delivers a tough love approach with his rapped confession, forcing his crush to open her eyes to the possibility of a relationship with him while admitting his own shortcomings.

“Most of the things you want are unnecessary.
The most important thing is how you feel.
I used to overthink relationships as well but now I‘ve changed.

I've purposefully hurt the ones I loved in the past,
Because I was afraid of being hurt myself.
But everything I have to give you never feels wasted.
I’ll say it again…
I love you!”

What Wi-Fi lack in flashy concepts they make up for with stellar vocals. Main vocalist C.O and lead vocalists Danny and Ari are allowed to ride the up-tempo beat naturally, making the listener pay attention to every word in utter anticipation. The distinctness of the individual member’s voices makes for an enjoyable experience when they blend them; harmonizing seamlessly as if to form one perfect voice.

Each member is able to make themselves known immediately, something most groups never achieve due to enforced hierarchies or lack of talent outside of the appointed lead & main members. The album, anchored by “I Love U”, somehow balances out in spite of its six tracks having no connection to one another, concept or style wise. The fact that the group is able to pull off a cohesive sound is an achievement.


Link: 
Danny's "1,2 Step"
Kass' "The Weekend"
J-Me's "My Angel"

The music video features Girl's Day's Minah as the object of the group’s affections. The sets are light & playful, complimenting the sweet message of the song nicely as they follow her through various locations professing their love for her. The boys come off cute & engaging; each diverse member given an equal chance to show his charms, as well as his dance skills. The MV ends with a surprise twist as Minah makes her choice of who she wants.

The boys are set to debut “I Love U” on KBS’ Music Bank on the 3rd. Keep an eye on AKF for the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment