Sunday, December 4, 2011

Jessica Jiyeon says goodbye on Inkigayo



After taking top honors over T-ara’s “Cry Cry” on the latest unaired episode of Mnet’s M! Countdown, Jessica Jiyeon decided to wrap up promotions for her hit single “Last Winter” on yesterday's Inkigayo.

Jessica joined the ranks of such idols as SHINee, After School, f(x), B2ST, and MBLAQ with her version of the popular Traffic Safety Song, as this week’s PSA. Jessica is one of only two solo artists to record a version of the song {the first being Lee Hyori in 2008}.

“I’ve always wanted to do one!” Jessica excitedly told AKF “I'm so honored to have been asked.”

Jessica was able to deliver the meaningful message of the song, a collaborative campaign between SBS’ Inkigayo and the Korean Transportation Safety Authority, while fully displaying her friendly charms & unknown rap skills.

"I'm not a rapper but I had a lot of fun trying it out." Jessica laughed "I think I'll leave it to Tiffany from now on."


Later, she gave an emotional final performance of “Last Winter” alongside B2ST’s Jun Hyung, who sent the attending B2UTIES in the audience into hysterics after his absence from the previous week's episode. The two held hands & forced back their tears as the song ended. However, they were unable to remain unemotional as Jessica was later announced as the night’s winner.

With a successful single & three music program wins under her belt, Jessica has stated she plans on focusing on acting in the coming months.

“Music is my 1st love, but acting is something I‘ve wanted to do since I was a little girl. I don’t want to pile too much on my plate all at once like some people do & get burnt out. My goal is to avoid time in the hospital for exhaustion & pace myself. I’m in no rush with my career.”

Netizens had this to say about Jessica's farewell:

"I'm so happy for her! JESSICA FIGHTING!", "I just wanted to hold Jun Hyung oppa and never let him go!!! Men who cry are boyfriend material", "I'm glad she's finally done with this stupid song. 2NE1's "Lonely" shits bricks all over "Last Winter"!", and "Was this her first time rapping? She was actually pretty good! She's definitely better than a certain rapper from 4minute. Not as sexy though. I really need to stop watching the "Troublemaker" mv. It's doing something to my brain LOL"

No comments:

Post a Comment